Aditi Singh is a multi-award winning author, Children’s Book Editor, and Self Publishing Strategist, Aditi ‘s work focuses on giving multicultural mindsets and a strong sense of identity, while building cultural awareness.
She is featured on a number of global publications and broadcasts, she went from strength to strength as a blogger, founder, coach, author and editor. One of the leading voices on cultural sensitivity and self empowerment, she founded RaisingWorldChildren.com, to help raising the voices of lived stories around the world.
Founded in 2017, RaisingWorldChildren.com today reaches 20k followers and 3k+ readers daily. Aditi also provides editing, publishing and marketing services to authors of color creating multicultural publishing brands promoting culture and/or modern values. RWC has been featured on NBC, FOX, CBS and many global podcasts as well.
Multi-award winning author, Children's Book Editor, and Self Publishing Strategist
Welcome to the exciting ‘Your Launch Story’ blog series! We would love to know how many books you have successfully launched thus far in your writing career and hear about the journey that led to the concept and idea for your book/series. What inspired you to write it?
[AS] I have successfully published 10 #1 Amazon new release books with two books being bestsellers and three winning awards for their content.
Every book takes me around 20-24 months from concept to publication as I work on multiple projects on any given time.
As you can see through my bio, I am passionate about the topics I write and hope to empower people living on multiple borders with a sense of belonging that is not available anywhere but within.
As children’s books require a different approach to writing and storytelling, could you share your expertise in editing children’s books? What are the key elements you look for during the editing process to ensure the book’s language, content, and themes are appropriate and engaging for young readers?
[AS] Children’s book writing is different for traditional vs self-publishing. In traditional publishing there is only one way in which you can tell your story, whereas in a self-publishing there is a little leeway to expanding your message and adding some more layers to it. Self-publishing, I feel is more conducive to lived storytelling.
While editing, I look at cohesiveness, organization of thought, language for grade level and what the message should be. While self-publishing has lesser boundaries, we want to use the criteria for traditional publishing to create a HIGH-QUALITY book.
For me the editing process is a partnership and I love to support the author with experience surrounding simply editing for so many people do not understand the nuances that go into telling multicultural stories that creative inclusive conversations.
As an author publishing service provider, what specific support and assistance do you offer to authors during the publishing process? From manuscript preparation to book formatting, distribution, and marketing, could you outline the comprehensive range of services you provide to help authors navigate the publishing journey successfully?
[AS] With over 10 years of experience and having pivoted writing for multiple platforms, my experience is vast thus I am happy to provide a range of services.
- Developmental Editing
- Line Editing
- Comprehensive Packages for Above
- Ghost Writing
- Creating Funnels with Opt in and Email Series
- Creating Social Media content
- Social Media Marketing
- User Generate Marketing through my platforms
- End to End Strategic Self-Publishing and Marketing Coaching (includes Project Management)
In essence, we offer a comprehensive range of services that extend from refining your manuscript to ensuring proper formatting, seamless distribution, and effective marketing.
Our goal is to empower authors to navigate the publishing journey with confidence and achieve success in the competitive publishing landscape.
The launch of a book is a significant milestone for any author. Can you describe the steps you took to plan and execute a successful launch for your book? Were there any unique or unconventional strategies you employed?
[AS] I’ve consistently conveyed to each author I collaborate with that the concept of a universally applicable approach to book publishing simply doesn’t hold.
I firmly endorse the methodologies I’ve crafted, tailored to aid authors in shaping and promoting their books successfully.
In light of this, I must emphasize that a free, downloadable workbook is available on my website, accessible through raisingworldchildren.com/services.
This workbook is designed to equip you with a comprehensive pre-launch checklist, which I believe will prove immensely beneficial in your publishing journey.
Book cover design plays a crucial role in catching readers’ attention. Can you share the process you went through to create an eye-catching and relevant cover for your book? How important do you believe the cover design is for a successful launch?
[AS] Certainly! Let’s talk about childrens books and the five main things to keep in mind –
- Cover Simplicity: Ensure that your book cover features a prominent central image without excessive clutter. This clarity helps catch the viewer’s attention and communicates the essence of the story at a glance.
- Harmonious Colors: Utilize colors that align with the book’s theme, creating a visually appealing and cohesive cover design. Colors can evoke emotions and set the tone for the readers’ experience.
- Professional Comparison: Conduct a comparative analysis of your book’s design against others in the same genre. This evaluation provides insights into how professionally your cover presents and whether it resonates effectively with the intended audience.
- Studying Timeless Covers: Study enduring book covers within your genre to identify common elements that contribute to their timeless appeal. Learning from successful designs can help you incorporate effective visual elements into your cover.
- Engage Your Audience: Share your cover design with a launch team, beta readers, or on social media platforms to gather feedback. The perspectives of potential readers can offer valuable insights and guide improvements.
The FONT on the cover page is VERY important as well as it has to stand out among a million books plus be pleasing and easily readable for kids. This applies for interior too.
Reviews and endorsements often play a significant role in attracting readers. How did you approach gathering reviews for your book? Did you reach out to influencers or engage with early readers to generate buzz?
[AS] Absolutely, generating authentic reviews for your book requires a multi-pronged approach that involves building relationships, leveraging professional resources, and proactively seeking feedback.
- Give More Than You Take: Building a strong writing community involves reciprocity. Engage with other authors, bloggers, and influencers in your genre. Show genuine interest in their work, share their content, and offer support. When you give generously, you create a network of individuals who are more likely to reciprocate by reviewing your book.
- Invest in Editorial Reviews: Editorial reviews from reputable sources like Readers’ Favorite, Kirkus, or Publishers Weekly can lend credibility to your book. These reviews are often unbiased and can provide potential readers with an independent assessment of your work’s quality.
- Build a Launch Team Beyond Friends and Family: Create a launch team comprising individuals who are genuinely interested in your genre or subject matter. These could be social media followers, members of online book clubs, or fans of similar authors. This team can provide you with initial reviews and help spread the word about your book.
- Organize a Virtual Book Tour: A virtual book tour involves collaborating with bloggers, podcasters, and YouTubers to discuss your book. These hosts often feature author interviews, book reviews, and giveaways, which can significantly boost your book’s visibility and generate organic reviews from their audience.
- Be Proactive in Seeking Reviews: Don’t be afraid to ask for reviews. Include a polite request at the end of your book, in your author bio, or on your website. Create a dedicated section on your website or social media platforms where readers can easily leave reviews. Many readers are happy to share their thoughts if prompted.
Remember that building a readership and garnering authentic reviews takes time and persistence. By approaching these strategies with sincerity and a focus on building relationships, you’re more likely to receive genuine feedback that can help your book gain traction and succeed in the long run.
Collaboration and partnerships can greatly enhance a book launch. Did you collaborate with other authors, organizations, or professionals in related fields? How did these collaborations contribute to the success of your launch?
[AS] During my book launch, I wholeheartedly embraced the philosophy of “community over competition.”
I firmly believe that success is not a solitary journey but a collective effort that thrives when we support and uplift each other.
As such, I collaborated extensively with fellow authors, organizations, and professionals in related fields. This approach played a pivotal role in the success of my launch.
Community over competition
As part of the ‘Your Launch Story’ blog series, we aim to provide insights and lessons for aspiring authors. Based on your own experience, what advice would you give to authors who are planning their own book launch? Are there any key lessons or tips you learned along the way?
Finally, looking beyond the launch, what are your plans to sustain the momentum and success of your book? Do you have any future projects in the pipeline, and how do you envision building on the achievements of your launch?
[AS] In the coming quarter, RWC is assisting the launch of 5 multicultural books by debut authors.
We have already done 3 this year. In 2024 I have a bilingual festive series launching which I am quite excited about.
In addition to that, I am working on a middle grade novel about my time during the Gulf war and a novel for adults.